Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Writing on the Wall





It was late in the afternoon that I saw the hideous orange marker on the wall. Previously, the author, proud of her ability to write her name, had chosen the wall beside her bed to autograph. Now, there were some additional signatures, as well as her first sentence, "ellaizundreella'sbed".

Apparently, while I was shopping for our upcoming trip to Utah, Ryan had sent Ella to her room for time out. While there, she added some color to the wall. A few months ago, we learned that Ella knew how to read. And now, quite by accident, we know she know's how to write as well.

Unfortunately for her, she hasn't learned that when detailing a wall, anonymous author is the way to go. She was unhappy when she learned I was going to show people what she had written. She's afraid they will laugh at her. She covered the wall when I brought the camera in.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Ella I am so proud of you, that is a great sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Ella. I see markings in this our house all the time from us kids and you always know who wrote it because THEY SIGNED THEIR NAME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ella i am sure your mom wrote on my wall or dresser or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ella! You have such pretty hand writing! And orange...what a great color! Seems like that's what color Karleigh chose to write HER name on her bedroom door, Baylee's bedroom door, and even my bathroom door! SO you girls have something in common!

    ReplyDelete