Monday, April 25, 2011

The End of April

Madeline jokingly said that we skipped spring, summer and fall this year and headed straight to winter.  Snow at the end of April makes you feel that way.  Easter was nice, and today is as well.  I planted spinach, sweet peas, lettuce, onion, carrot and the remaining three beet seeds.  Since I ate so many beets in chocolate cake last summer, I"ll have to buy some more seeds.

Easter festivities were nice.

Ryan dyed eggs with the kids while I cooked and watched.

Sam got to handle the egg

And he promptly decided it was edible.




Ryan faired well- his patience sustained him through the torturous task of allowing kids to handle liquid dyes that stain.  At the end, he proclaimed glitter to be a health hazard (ingested by the lungs), and outlawed it from our house.  I"m not sure I would have that kind of credibility.

I promised a half of a roll to everyone who smiled for the picture before we left for church.  It worked.





1 comment:

  1. Great picture, you look awesome, and the kids look so cute!

    ReplyDelete