Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy Birthday, Happy Max




It was with great excitement that we celebrated Max's 4th birthday.  Remembering the rainy morning, 4 years ago that he was born, all 9 lbs 8 ozs of him, born in a birthing tub in our bedroom while I listened to Nancy Griffith, was a treat for me.  I hope all of my children will have as peaceful a birth with at least one of their children. 



Max had been looking forward to his birthday for a long time, not really with expectations of anything in particular, but aware that a big day was coming up and wondering how many more days.  Madeline and Ella were out of school for spring break, so it made his birthday celebration that much more fun.  Since Max requests German Pancakes and to do 3 floor puzzles the last thing before he goes to sleep every night, I figured we would start with German pancakes and strawberries for breakfast.  Naturally, it was a hit.  


For lunch, we headed to McDonald's for Happy Meals- an annual occasion in our family.  Last time was for Ella's birthday when she turned 6.  Now that I am fully aware that an occasional Happy Meal won't turn a child astray, I can relax at McDonald's, but I did stop at Panera for a sandwich/salad for me beforehand.  The McDonald's play area was just renovated and all the kids had a wonderful time there.


When we got home, I made a strawberry cake, as per request, wrapped presents, and cooked hotdogs and hamburgers for dinner.  Max loved and savored every part of his birthday, an admirable quality, and we all enjoyed the day with him.

Max opening presents with Ella, the official present overseer.

The next morning, Max asked me how many more days before his birthday, and then cried when Madeline and Ella told him his birthday was last.  He continues to tell me daily what he wants to do for his next birthday (Pokemon cake, Thomas train tracks, new lego set, etc).  He has savored every one of his birthday presents.  He loves to get out his crayons and coloring books at all times of the day.  He loves  when someone will build something with him from his new legos.  And, he loves to play with his roller and front loader with Sam and friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment