Sunday, April 11, 2010

Half baby, half boy




  

Max turned 2 on April 5th.  We had fun remembering how much he has changed our lives.  I remembered toiling 9 days late with him and birthing him at home to discover those extra nine days had changed him from the anticipated 7.8 baby to 9.8 baby.  Ryan has enjoyed the new verbal discoveries he makes every day: "bye bye lwa (Ella)", "Mommy.  all done".  "Daddy, want Tom (Thomas the train)".   Ella and Madeline have turned into wonderful big sisters, never lamenting the loss that came with having these two brothers, and always helping.  Just last week, Ella ran upstairs to inform me that while I showered, she had changed Max's poopy diaper all by herself.  Knowing what a feat it is for myself, I greatly feared what remnants I would discover, but apparently Max cooperated and the carpet was spared.

 Madeline related to me a couple of days ago, "You know what mom, I love Max and Sam more than I love myself", and if you watched her help Max tromp through the fields behind our house, climb the play set, you would know it's true.  Watching her, I see that love is evidenced by patience, by a willingness to give up your idea of fun in order to create fun with someone else, by a deep joy felt just being around the person.  Max has brought so much love and joy into our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment