Monday, February 28, 2011

Sunday Fun

A couple of Sunday's ago, I found myself entertaining the troops by myself.  Though tomorrow starts March, we received another snow storm and it seems as if winter has started afresh, mentally, I don't anticipate it to go away any time soon.
Since the outdoors being battered by snow and wind, we headed downstairs and I played with the kids.  I really did- it doesn't come naturally to me.  First, Max lined up all the dinosaurs - T-Rex to Pterodactyl (Max lines up everything that he plays with from cars, to trains to dinosaurs).  We took turns being different dinosaurs and basically wrestling.  Next, we played Pokemon-  Ella and Max gathered all the balls they could find, and Max told me which Pokemon I was- we threw our balls to release our Pokemon, and then we fought Pokemon battles (looks very similar to Wrestling).  
Madeline build a wonderful town with couch cushions and blankets, and hosted us all.  

It was fun to sit beside and across from my children and to be part of their play.   Ella and Max are either playing together or fighting about whose toy it is.  

No front teeth to be found. Madeline is so patient with Max and Sam, I know she would prefer playing games, or doing crafts.  The boys love to play with her.  She's almost always going around the house on all fours- as a horse.  Somehow, she figured out the loudest way to bring her legs down with each gallop, and I keep telling her we need to get felt hooves on that horse.

Sam loves to undo anything- games that we are playing, laundry detergent, Max's lines of toys, and so forth. He talks quite a bit, he said his first sentence a few weeks ago:  I hiding from you.  We do not have a safe choice for him at the table, as he always manages to get on top of the table.   He loves for everyone to come home, I will often distract him momentarily from climbing or taking apart to look out the window for Ella, Madeline, or Dad.



1 comment: