Friday, November 4, 2011

Have you gotten "The Karma"


Last night, I drove Ella to the toy story to choose a web kinz for a friends birthday party.  We aren't often by ourselves in the car, and since it was just the two of us, I brought along my cell phone thinking I would catch up on some  phone calls.  When Ella asked if I believed that crows brought "the karma", I put away my phone, turned off the radio, and settled in for an interesting conversation. I asked her if she was wondering whether I believed that crows brought bad or good karma. 
 "Ooh, I already know they bring bad Karma, I saw it on a movie", she responded.
Obligatory parental  warning followed, "Well, Ella, not everything they say on movies is true".
"Yes, it is", she was a little offended, "Besides, I know it's true  because I got the bad karma today.    Last night I was mean to Sam and Max (she told Max that he was disgusting when he vomited ), and today at recess we saw four crows, and my Karma was that I started itching all over, and am still itching.  And I know that Jack, Zach and Grant also got the Karma because there were four crows and they were being mean to me.  I just don't know how they got it."
 I can't be sure what I said to Ella afterwards, I was still trying to process her story.  She soon asked me to turn on the music, and we chatted about more mundane things.  I was still smiling about it when I told Ryan last night.  I was reminded again of what a surprise Ella has been and continues to be in our lives.  

She requested to go to the pumpkin patch/apple orchard for her birthday a couple of weeks ago, and we enjoyed spending the time with her.
"Can I choose a pumpkin I can't carry"


 
Max and Sam are looking off at the pumpkins

Conferring about which direction to head down the corn maze

She did indeed scour the entire pumpkin patch for the largest pumpkin she could find, and then asked me to carry it.


Gratefully, Max and Sam preferred the small pumpkins.  Not to sound like a scrooge, but the pumpkins at Aldi were much cheaper (I didn't once tell the kids that).

Sam shared his apple with the goats, then tried to take a few more bites.

"Momiya, I be carried"

Ella steered clear of the Llamas after one of them spit at her.

3 comments:

  1. That one of Max and Sam looking off at the pumpkins is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite posts ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of you - you're as gorgeous as ever. The girls are completely beautiful and I loved Ella's idea of crows and bad look. So precious. Good for you for tuning into her.

    I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete