Friday, May 21, 2010

May Happenings

Birthday fruit tart made by Ryan



family picture


I'm not sure May has ever been so busy.  I like being busy though, makes me feel useful.  I have less time to read, which is bittersweet, but have more things to check off on my to do list- always good for a type A personality.

We celebrated my birthday over the course of a week, as I told Ryan that in the thirties, it's important to do something every day for a week.  Some of the highlights were:  shoveling two HUGE (do not underestimate this word) truckloads of dirt and compost into our new garden boxes, taking Ella to get a haircut after she Barbie style mohawked her hair, desperately trying to no avail to clear the huge truckload of mulch in my driveway, and so forth, learning that the boys in our neighborhood have a club equivalent to Gaby's fun club where they talk about penises and motorcycles (of course they do-can't wait until Max is a little older).

In all seriousness, I enjoyed many treats over the past week.  Ryan made a beautiful fruit tart for me that tasted as good as it looked.  Mayo provided a spa day, for 10.00 I got a pedicure, facial, and makeup app, as well as free pizza and soda with no children.  I was shamed about the fact that I don't often wear sunscreen.  We went to a park overlooking the Mississippi and watched the migrating eagles fly overhead as we picnicked.  Ryan put together two rocking chairs on our front porch, so we can start practicing for when we are old (er).




Frontenac state park





Does everyone look a little cuckoo



2 comments:

  1. i love the family picture, who took it? Good job on the tart Ry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family picture! You and your family is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete