Monday, December 27, 2010

O Christmas Tree

Ella asked me why our Christmas tree looked so much more terrible (her words, not mine) than other peoples, and I had to agree with her that it looked pretty bad.  After Sam pulled off all the lower ornaments, he managed to tip the tree over on him three times in the same day, so the rest of the ornaments shifted, and the lights on the top and lower third stopped working.  
Ryan and I decided to leave well enough alone and didn't try to fight the second law of thermodynamics, or the law of entropy, which states that the quality of matter deteriorates over time.  While I've no idea how to describe this in the science world, I need only look to my house for innumerable explanations in the natural world.
I was pleasantly surprised to go in one morning to discover Madeline's note to Santa, which brightened the tree immensely and stayed there until it deteriorated.


In case you can't decipher, she wants a "Wee", lot's of candy, her own laptop, more craft stuff and 100 dollar bills.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you are waaaay to much like dad and mom--that looks like the trees they have every year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Madeline's Christmas list looks a lot like karleigh's! She too wanted a Wii, laptop, and pens and paper. It amazes me how they grow up so quickly. Karleigh asked me the other day at what age you are allowed to get your own cell phone! :)

    ReplyDelete